ROT13 Encoder/Decoder is not being maintained as I have moved onto other projects. I’d be delighted if you want to take over development.
The ROT13 Encoder/Decoder plugin allows bloggers and commenters to “encrypt” parts of their writing output with the ROT13 cipher in order to conceal content from other readers who don’t wish to read them.
Some cases where you or your site users may want to ROT13 content:
- Spoilers on a fan website when some visitors may not have caught up to the book/movie/TV episode being discussed.
- Discussing sensitive topics where a trigger warning may be required.
ROT13 Encoder/Decoder Features:
- Allow readers to decode by single- or double-clicking the ROT13’d text.
- Decoded content can be displayed inline or a tooltip-style popup.
- Visitors can also use ROT13 in their comments: e.g.
[rot13]Spoilerific content example[/rot13]
- Site admins can ROT13 entire comments in one click (Useful for comments that may violate community rules, but you don’t necessarily want to delete).
A TinyMCE menu button is added to the editor to help bloggers select text in their posts to ROT13.
Download from WordPress (Downloaded 1,408 times.)
XXX refers to the current version release.
- Click ‘Add New’ on the ‘Plugins’ page.
rot13-encoderdecoder-XXX.zipusing the file uploader on the page
rot13-encoderdecoder-XXX.zipand upload the
rot13-encoderdecoderfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Settings screen for the plugin. Here, the settings show that ROT13'd content will be decoded in place when the user single-clicks on it, and visitors can use the
[rot13]shortcode in their comments.
Blog post with some ROT13'd content decrypted in a pop-up.
Editor screen. Use
[/rot13]to enclose the content to be ROT13'd, or select your text and click the ROT13 Encoder button.
If activated, visitors to your blog can also ROT13 their comments.
A comment with some ROT13'd content.
Comments screen when the ROT13 Encoder/Decoder plugin is enabled.
- Settings admin page now limited to users with
manage_optionspermission (i.e., admin users only).
- Administrative ability to ROT13 comments limited to those with
rot13-encoderdecoder-admin-tinymce.js(No need anymore; required JS variables now hooked directly into editor). Fixes incompatibility with OptimizePress.
- Site admins can ROT13 entire comments from the Comments screen.
- Dashicons support for WP 3.8 + added. Support for old-style icons in Admin/TinyMCE is deprecated.
- Quicktags support added.
- Added some error checking on the color options.
- New Decoding Trigger: “Hover” will decode the ROT13’d text when the mouse is over the encoded content.
- New Popup Box Shadow Settings for the ROT13 popup window.
- Palettes on Settings color controls are now loaded from colors read from the active Theme’s stylesheet. This
should help in choosing colors that fit in with the active Theme.
- Text in pop-ups now take on the same font family as the original encoded text.
- Fixed JQuery bugs evident when shortcode is used multiple times on a single post.
"dblclick"events now bound using
bind()(allows other plugins to AJAX-load
content using the
[rot13]shortcode without losing the decoding functionality).
- New popup options “Border Width” and “Border Radius”.
- No more shilling on the Settings screen. Enjoy!
- Color picker on settings screen now uses the built-in Iris jQuery plugin.
- Use of
- Allowing commenters the use of ROT13 is now an option instead of automatic.
- Fixed some default settings.
- Improved documentation.
- Initial release.